- Universal Match
Corp.'s modern answer to the Contour, the
- "Jewelite" also sported die-cut
sides, albeit more uniform.
- "Sports Jewelites" are those Jewelites
advertising sports teams
- or events, almost always with the team logo
on the front and
- that year's dated sports schedule on the
inside. A dazzling array
- when displayed, a collector can show off
all the big, professional
- teams: baseball, football, basketball, golf,
etc. Jewelite production
- ceased in the mid-1980s just before Universal
Match went under.
- There are at least 2,450 reported as of 1999.